[p2p-research] Again on mailing lists, was: Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Nov 27 15:54:54 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 21:09:17 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> Dear Marco,

> ... given a 300% increase in blogreaders in nine months, a top 0.2%
> twitter retweet rate in 6 months, and nearing 10 million pageviews
> on the wiki, we must be doing something right

I still fail to see how a 300% increase and so on makes it right to
make others pay for your email formatting.

> could we do better, certainly, with help and assistance, but with
> only critique?, unlikely ..

This is absolutely unfair. Even if I don't agree with all your
analyses and conclusions, I like your job, your writings, what you are
trying to do _and_ the way you handle your web presence. And I also
appreciated a lot, several times, the mature and civilized way in
which you handled human conflicts here and elsewhere, even if I didn't
always say it explicitely. I am NOT "only criticizing". I am only
criticizing _only_ the way you use mailing lists because, speaking
from friend to friend, that, and only that, just plain sucks. It's not
my fault if this is the situation, and I certainly don't think that
this makes you a "bad person" as a whole.

Oh, about this:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 14:46:45 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:
>
>     > > ME, at this point, I *am* happy to use this list ONLY as an Rss
>     > > feed (that is, I open ONLY the messages which are NEW, not
>     > > replies, and ONLY when they have a clear, short, descriptive
>     > > subject) or to ask some specific information every now and then.
>     >
>     > That pretty much describes my own usage of any other mailing list
>     > I'm following

sorry, I didn't make myself clear.  What I meant is not that on other
mailing lists I read all messages. What I mean is that on this one,
and only this one, I *actively* avoid discussions 9 out of 10 times
only because of how quickly they become totally unreadable.

OK, enough. Let's get to work, we have other things to discuss and
continuing would only increase the number of badly formatted messages
I would be obliged to read :-)

Marco