[p2p-research] Again on mailing lists, was: Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Nov 27 09:07:39 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 14:46:45 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> > ME, at this point, I *am* happy to use this list ONLY as an Rss
> > feed (that is, I open ONLY the messages which are NEW, not
> > replies, and ONLY when they have a clear, short, descriptive
> > subject) or to ask some specific information every now and then.
>
> That pretty much describes my own usage of any other mailing list
> I'm following

Michel,

You keep ignoring the point that one reason why no widespread
participation happens _here_ is very likely the way you and a few
others use email; the absurdity of P2P advocates discouraging wide
*participation* on what should be a... *P2P* list; and the fact that
(regardless of what software/client is used) everybody with a metered
connection pays much more than they could out of THEIR pockets to read
your email, because YOU post HTML and never, ever trim before
replying.

But as I said, at this point it hurts you more than me: for example, I
remember very well that months ago somebody complained to you because
of your too long signature, and you said more or less "having this
signature that shows all I do is very important for me, it is
necessary to make all my work widely known, so I can't do without
it". The truth is that, just BECAUSE you never trim and top post, your
signature is always 2/3 screenfuls below what you reply, so NOBODY
ever sees it. So no problem for me, really.

Marco