[p2p-research] the wikipedia decline

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 22:45:26 CET 2009

Hi Paul,

the issues of spam and libel etc.. are real, but have no bearing on
inclusionism/deletionism, since they can happen on both notable and
so-called non-notable articles; in fact, since the latter are from
passionate subcultures, they have most chance of being corrected ...

either we go back to pre-publication censorship or verification, or we
accept the open model, knowing that the latter is a process of
post-publication verification ..

again, the only result of deletionism and creating the selection hierarchy,
has been to destroy the passionate engagement of volunteers, as has now been
amply demonstrated, and was widely expected by people such as myself ...

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: