[p2p-research] Thanks for: Suggestions wanted for education to p2p practices and attitude

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 22:30:52 CET 2009

>Yes, but TeacherMate and similar are much less vaporware than OLPC.

What makes you think that OLPC is vaporware?, it's massively deployed in
peru, ruanda, etc... Whenever its effects have been studied, the results
have been dramatic, like doubling rates of attendance, etc..

OLPC is definitely not based on the assumption you assume, it's based on
constructionist learning principles, on cooperation with the teacher, but
yes, it aims to make children partly autonomous of dysfunctional school
systems, based on their desire for self-learning. The result of OLPC
villages is that the children are now teaching literacy to their parents.

It's probably not a miracle drug, but I think it is already way beyond the
common prejudices against it,

michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: