[p2p-research] the wikipedia decline

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 04:57:28 CET 2009

Paul, there is no shortage of articles at all, that's a myth, just like
saying the world needs only five computers .. there are thousands or even
millions of microcommunities with topics dear to their heart which are
systematically expunged from the wikipedia.

Why would this be necessary in an infinite medium? Whom does an extra
article hurt.

What artificial scarcity has done however is create a power base for the
selectors, who are typically less knowledgeable about the articles than the
authors, and create such a high treshold for inclusion (which now always
includes political fights with the powerful editor clique), that most
volunteers just call it quits. Without the support of the p2p-f community,
my own article would already have been deleted twice ...

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: