[p2p-research] the wikipedia decline

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 03:48:09 CET 2009

Hi Sam,

see at the bottom of this page,
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/?s=Peer+Governance+and+Wikipedia, a series of
interviews edited by Vasilis Kostakis

in particular:
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/peer-governance-and-wikipedia-interview-with-hartzog-discussion-with-bauwens-cedric-hartzog/2009/06/24

I found Paul's quote here:

"Frankly, the “inclusionists” and “deletionists” strike me as if they were
two rival groups of musicians, sneering at and insulting one another, while
they pluck at their lyres as Wikipedia burns down all around them. If you
want to really understand why Wikipedia is doomed, you would do better to
read Tacitus and Plutarch, rather than Bauwens and Godwin. The past, as
ever, is prologue. The technology employed by Wikipedia does not exempt them
from this."

... quite dismissive of a serious and important argument about the relation
between power and scarcity,

Michel

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research: