[p2p-research] Post-Depression first: Americans get more money from government than they give back | csmonitor.com

J. Andrew Rogers reality.miner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:51:41 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's tricky stuff.  The politics are fierce because so much money is
> involved.  Name calling is inevitable.  The best option of course is to
> socialize it across the whole of society, but that doesn't happen in the
> US.  Never will in all likelihood.  So we get complex systems that are
> continuously gamed by bankers and lawyers who change the rules to suit their
> current point of view.  The unions hire another set of lawyers to guarantee
> their benefits.  And the lawyers then get their share.

Yeah, this will never be solved.  The only remotely viable way to fix
it is to explicitly turn it into some type of structured welfare
instead of an entitlement (i.e. need-based), but it will be virtually
impossible to make that fly.  All the while, the hole gets deeper...

--
J. Andrew Rogers
realityminer.blogspot.com