[p2p-research] Time elapse to the Unemployment Economy

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 23:45:43 CET 2009

I've studied these maps a bit.  Discouraging.  Certain lessons seem to come
to the for:

1. Areas with lots of migrant labor or high non-white populations in the US
simply cannot maintain employment as well as other areas.

2. Actions to alleviate structural poverty amongst black rural counties in
the South have pretty much failed.

3. Isolation from common travel routes in the East is a source of low
employment.

4. Farm labor is a major issue.  It is high in some locations...and
extremely low in others.  It seems that the more human/labor intensive the
work, the higher the unemployment.

5.  The sick get more sick first when unemployment hits.  My guess is that
recovery happens in cities first.  Being rural now...unless you are an oil
and gas location, is economic death.

Ryan

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:

> An interesting view:
>
> http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html
>
> What if we also had a view like this of emerging networks of collaborators?

> Sam Rose
> Social Synergy
> Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
> Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
> skype: samuelrose
> email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
> http://socialsynergyweb.com
> http://forwardfoundation.org
> http://socialsynergyweb.org/culturing
> http://flowsbook.panarchy.com/
> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
> http://localfoodsystems.org
> http://notanemployee.net
> http://communitywiki.org
>
> "The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human
> ambition." - Carl Sagan

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham