[p2p-research] The one thing depleting faster than oil is the credibility of those measurin...

J. Andrew Rogers reality.miner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 06:21:01 CET 2009

Let me add that I think there is a significant opportunity for organic
production of very high-quality agricultural goods on large scales. In
fact, it is fairly high on my list of things to work on sooner rather
than later and a pet interest of mine. Let's raise food quality and
diversity for the world.

I'm a huge fan of clean, organic, sustainable, and efficient
agriculture. I believe that is the future of food generally. At the
same time, I am keenly aware of the economics involved and many of
these issues cannot be ignored.  We still have to feed 6-7 billion
people on this rock at the end of the day, so it can't be done in a
silly wasteful fashion if it is to work out at a scale that people in
the lower strata of society will benefit from. It will require clever
technology, efficient logistics, and deeply pragmatic engineering
because the margins are small enough that wishful thinking is a
suicide note.

--
J. Andrew Rogers
realityminer.blogspot.com