[p2p-research] anti-microfinance movement in nicaragua protests usury

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 06:46:24 CET 2009

it's hard to understand for a layperson why there needs to be such a high
interest rate ... if the normal bank would charge it, and of course they do,
I also call it usury .. there's an enormous discrepancy between what they
pay, and what they charge us, resulting in super-profits (before the
meltdown that is <g>). Why does microfinance need to charge so much?

If I follow  your own reasoning you end up with 1200 minus 100, is 1100, a
annual profit of 10% ... I must admit that sounds reasonable .. why the loss
if there is no default, currency exchange losses?

Michel

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: