[p2p-research] Free and open fictional settings

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 03:15:34 CET 2009

>  I've made a website that's a nascent project to create free, open fictional
> settings. I'm focusing on a fantasy-setting that can be a home for various
> games and stories called Theonosis, but there are other possible
> applications that I'm exploring. You can see an explanation of Theonosis,
> the Open Setting License and other projects here:
> http://theonosis.com/wiki/index.php?title=Theonosis:Why%3F
>
>  This is a decentralized project in a spirit that I think you'd admire. It
> allows for a fictional setting to be owned in a mutualist fashion, by
> everyone who contributes to it (which can be anyone, as it is a wiki).
> Anyway, I think it might be worth it for you, or perhaps some people you
> know, to look into it, or link to it from your webpages.
>
>  Thanks for your time, and feel free to respond if you have any questions.

Thanks for the info, Ryan.  It reminds me a bit of Superstruct, which
you may be interested in, and particularly Vinay Gupta's DCAR page:
http://superstruct.wikia.com/wiki/Superstruct_Wiki
http://superstruct.wikia.com/wiki/DCAR

I'm CC'ing this to the P2P email list.

Best,
Kevin

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism