[p2p-research] Hermit Nation: Does Tech Boost Social Isolation?

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:03:41 CET 2009

2009/11/12 Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>:

>> I've been wanting lists fo a long while, just to make my columns
>> portable between apps like Tweetdeck and Seesmic Desktop.
>
> How does it feel to be ephemeral? Are you doing it deliberately?

Using Twitter has massively enlarged the number of people I know and
engage with.  My reallife social network in London & elsewhere has
greatly benefited from my Twitter presence and I've been followed by
some very influential people who are actively taking an interest in
what I tweet about.  I've been offered work via Twitter.

As a medium, Twitter is indeed ephemeral.  The relationships I'm
building through it aren't.

BTW, I don't appreciate being called ephemeral.  If you knew me, you'd
know I'm anything but.

--
Regards,
Mamading Ceesay