[p2p-research] is the mind a computer

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:03:43 CET 2009

Eugen,

You are missing the one main point that I have made over, and over, and over.

It's very simple.

It is 100% irrelevant that the brain does computation (and my 2nd
message in this thread states that it does). It 100% irrelevant that
biological organisms have functions that can be technical defined as
"machine".

Why is it 100% irrelevant, you ask? Because biological entities are
*MORE THAN MACHINES*

That is my point.

Although, I take it that the argument that you and Andrew are making
is that what I am calling "more than a machine" is what you are
calling "machine".

So, that makes this argument a colossal waste of my time, since it is
apparently semantics that has insisting that I call complex adaptive
systems "machines".

I will have to respectfully disagree with you. But, at least I know
what the hell you are talking about now (at least I think I do)

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451