[p2p-research] A thirty year future of the transition to widescale P2P economies

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 03:18:56 CET 2009

This relativism about technological determinism is even stronger if you live
outside of the high tech countries of the West (and Korea/Japan) ... there
are indeed a billion or more people living at the most basic levels, you can
just drop robotic machinery on them ,these cultural adaptations take time,
literacy, and a lot of social conditions and instititutional maturity, as
well as a social force willing to invest in it, which could be finance
capital, p2p movements, etc. A lot of technologies stay in the fridge for
five decades or more, before even the advanced countries take them up,

I feel the whole infatuation with robotics to be misguided, it's just part
of a larger picture,

Michel