[p2p-research] is open source design inferior

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:47:49 CET 2009

Thanks for all these insigths ... I guess what I'm wondering is what is the
motivation for peer communities to get the end user aspects right, if the
logic is primarily to solve one's own particular problems, even as it is
coordinated through a commons. I think Sam poses the question in the right
way. Apart from the contemporary forms of private enterprise, whose survival
depends on market acceptance, what other find of social form could come into
play. I guess there will be many new forms of market-oriented players, that
do not need to be the current for-profit enterprises, but could be outcome
oriented businesses, coops, etc.. These would operate partly as market
players, but voluntarily constrained by aims and goals that go beyond the
pure self-interest of the market, just as the peer producers are constrained
by the commons, beyond 'scratching their own itch'.

Michel

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: