[p2p-research] a short message on our list culture and authority arguments

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Nov 9 13:20:13 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 18:01:44 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> the problem is that the kind of netiquette you propose, seems like a
> high treshold affair, and for busy people, it is discouraging ...

Michel,

I know you personally and I like you, so I know you didn't mean it at
all and I am NOT offended, but this remark _did_ come out a bit
offensive.

It makes it sound like the only people who can afford to format their
email properly are those who have nothing else to do but gazing at
their navels all day. We're all very busy. In any case:

1) this is the only list I know that has these problems

2) I follow several lists where 100+ message a day is the norm, and
   there are no such problems. Most subscribers are very busy
   professionals, among them none has the problems you just reported,
   and the reason is exactly that since we all spend 10 seconds more
   than you before each post we SEND (=many less that what we all
   RECEIVE), at the end of the day we've all saved HOURS without
   losing anything relevant.

Your call. Just a side question: sometimes ago there was a discussion
about configuring a message size limit for this list. May I ask if it
is still the case, and what happens when a message posted to the list
exceeds that size?

Ciao,
	Marco