[p2p-research] Ubiquitous information technology fields

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 01:56:18 CET 2009

2009/11/9 Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com>:
> Let us then say, even speculatively, that machines or monsters (hybrids)
> could become agents and or principals.  Do we then allow them to play?  If
> they can play, couldn't they govern?
>
> It is certainly not controversial amongst deep environmentalists of various
> sorts that animals have rights.  We would probably say animals lack a
> certain intellectual capacity to govern.  But we can imagine a machine
> gaining such capacity.  If they do, wouldn't they in fact be peers?

Hmm, that's a different issue.  You're now talking about a need for a
sentient rights framework which will definitely need to be sorted out
during this century.

Sentient rights or not, representative democracy has come to the end
of its road.  Information revolutions drive political evolution.
Participatory democracy is what's
next. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participatory_democracy

--
Regards,