[p2p-research] Ubiquitous information technology fields

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 01:22:49 CET 2009

2009/11/8 Ryan <rlanham1963 at gmail.com>

> Could the commons be governed by AI? I think probably yes...

I have toyed in the past with the idea of building a Nomic-based bot
to help govern groups & organisations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomic
However, I really disagree with the idea of political AIs as the
solution to the agency-principal problem in our political systems.
The agency-principal problem is inherently endemic to representative
democracy.  The only solution is to go beyond representative democracy
to participatory democracy.  There are arguments to be had about which
forms of participatory democracy are to be implemented, but lets at
least start off from a more appropriate place.
--
Regards,
Mamading Ceesay

Twitter: http://twitter.com/evangineer