[p2p-research] Building Alliances (basic income and entrepreneurship)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 07:55:36 CET 2009

I've thought a bit further about this.

I'm obviously uncomfortable with a style of debate that systematically
delegitimizes critique. So this list no longer works for me, and I'm going
to take a break from it.

I'm not saying it is not okay to make extraordinary claims, but using
authority arguments in such a systematic way is offensive to what I think a
list culture should be.

I was okay with pluralism, within the boundary that being on the list means
that one generally agrees that one supports peer to peer and the more
equitable means of production and expression. I would also be okay with
exceptional contributions making the opposite point of view, that we need
more concentrations of wealth. But I'm not okay when that is associated with
dogmatic assertions and a refusal to entertain different viewpoints and
routine dismissals of scholars who think differently.

I would have hoped that list moderators would have seen it the same way, but
obviously that does not seem to be the case. This is the list of everybody,
so I hope that you continue learning and debating in this new style.

Michel