[p2p-research] Building Alliances (basic income and entrepreneurship)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:38:44 CET 2009

just a general statement: it is dangerous to base one's outlook on a
constantly evolving scientific interpretation. The fact is, a neoclassical
economist would reason in exactly the same way, and also claim that any
critic would lack knowledge.

The statement that the brain is just a computer, is highly controversial,
even in science, but I'm not going to claim your ignorant of that, but you
probably choose to simply ignore it.

Humans and groups are indeed predictable to a certain degree, more than
people realize, but not absolutely and without limit.

I don't think it would hurt if you'd put a minimum amount of self-doubt in
your statements, an awareness that your positions are not widely shared,
both within and without the scientific community. This doesn't make them
right or wrong, but since science evolves and gains new understandings all
the time, any radical self-identification with the state of knowledge at any
particular moment, is not a good cognitive strategy.

I'm just not used to this particular style of communication, which is why I
feel compelled to be more defensive and 'aggressive', something which is not
my habit ...

I would like to make a bet.

You state on the Edge, that the brain is just a computer, and if you're
right about the state of science, there should be absolutely no reaction on
discussion on it, since it is an obvious truth.

Michel

--
Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: