[p2p-research] Building Alliances (basic income and entrepreneurship)

J. Andrew Rogers reality.miner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:27:33 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This would make sense, but only if you limit your vision of intelligence to
> something that is located in the brain.

No, it doesn't matter where the intelligence is located. It is a
property of the fabric of the universe(s). If this was not true, the
laws of physics would necessarily be wildly different than what we
observe.

> Sorry that is so sad, you are really taken the metaphor, and then believing
> that the territory matches your 'map'.

Uh, no.  I'm talking about measurable properties that we've actually measured.

There is nothing magical about being ignorant of how a system works.

> we are not talking about absolute claims, simple of feeling/thinking, and
> not just calculating, human beings ..

It is calculating, even if you are not aware of it.  It is a basic
theorem of information theory that a computer cannot be fully aware of
nor perfectly predict its own state.

> No no, I'm not underestimating it at all, but also not absolutising or
> overestimating it.

Yeah, but you also are completely unfamiliar with the state of human
knowledge and capability on these matters. It is not an informed
opinion. Humans, both as individuals and in groups, are highly
predictable and manipulable at a level that most people would find
shocking.

Even though we have a hard time seeing it, computers have no problem
doing so. We are much simpler machines than we like to pretend we are.

--
J. Andrew Rogers
realityminer.blogspot.com