[p2p-research] P2PTV

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:57:28 CET 2009

Hi,

Since the topic was P2PTV, i wanted to know if the following case was
part of a P2P approach.

My company develops easy-to-use end-to-end video solutions that enable
any place (concert place, conference room, school or even meeting
room) to broadcast it's content to adequate specialized audiences.

In short, our systems serve as a micro-audience-oriented video appliances.

For instance, if there is a php conference in such a place, most of
the watchers will be remote php advocates; in other terms, it lays on
an intermediate level between user-based broadcasting
(ustream/livestream/etc...) and broadast-grade content (hulu, ...).

In the sense that our solutions'goal is to enable normal/individual
people share their knowledge and events with other,
similarly-interested individuals, should the process be considered as
P2P ?

Regards,

Florent