[p2p-research] Building Alliances (basic income and entrepreneurship)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:52:11 CET 2009

Just to make this clear: I am not confusing, accumulated information, with
increased collective intelligence.

There is both a dynamic in terms of individual adult development, with
increased capacities to handle cognitive complexity, there's a whole field
of psychology dedicated to this, and collective intelligence, which is the
capacity to cooperate as intelligent beings.

Both are not given fixed amounts, but amenable to change, and there is a
case to be made that they have been growing.

I gather you are not aware that there are other modalities of knowing than
math? and that being good at math is a free pass to pass on judgments on all
matters in the universe? For a good case of mathematical madness, take
neoclassical economics. It's pretty clear where that got us. I think that
applying math to social change is a serious category error, and not
'rigorous' at all. Social change can only be examined in a interdisciplinary
and participatory way.

Last, social change must not be proven in theory, but experimented in
practice. Lots of things were impossible in theory, like the Wikipedia and
the Arduino, but happened in practice. In that case, theory must be revised,
but above all, one must be aware of the relativity of theory at all times.

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: