[p2p-research] Building Alliances (basic income and entrepreneurship)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 07:17:01 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 1:08 PM, J. Andrew Rogers <reality.miner at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Paul D. Fernhout
> <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:
> > You wrote above: "intelligence is not meaningfully additive."
> >
> > What about the last few thousand years of cumulative culture?
>

> That is information, not intelligence.
>

> > It depends what sort of intelligence you are talking about, perhaps.
>

> The "theory of multiple intelligences" is a feel-good New Age fad, it
> is as scientific as the Creationism model of speciation.

Here is a page on the scientific controversies around MI theory, with none
of the challengers making such an absurd statement as you just did above. I
think it is fairly typical of your 'know it all' approach, for those with an
open mind, see http://www.indiana.edu/~intell/mitheory.shtml

> Because P2P systems are theoretically defined in such terms? Or do you
> think mathematics does not apply? I'm not big on magical thinking.

it would probably be helpful to have experience with other modalities of
knowing