[p2p-research] big does not necessarily innovate: the current VC model is broken

J. Andrew Rogers reality.miner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 01:24:52 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What outcome do you or J. Andrew want?

Speaking for myself, the outcome I want is a maximized rate of
innovation, with an eye toward capital efficiency since that is a
finite resource. Beyond that, I am pretty agnostic about how that
happens.

My arguments are pragmatic, not theoretical. The realities of various
innovation funding mechanisms in different countries do not match up
with the theory or widely-held beliefs regarding such mechanisms. In
my view, we should be leveraging the real strengths of these various
models rather than trying to leverage claimed theoretical strengths
that don't match the practice. There is no single funding model for
innovation that is efficient for every case in the context of the
outcome I want.

--
J. Andrew Rogers
realityminer.blogspot.com