[p2p-research] Streamin' eCorolla publication tomorrow from the Helsinki Electric Motor Show

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:52:48 CET 2009

Hi Chris,

it may be missing in that text, but yes, it is one of the cornerstones of
the p2p-f vision as well,

one of my key arguments is that open knowledge/software/design communities
design differently, and think about machinery differently than corporations;
and this is even apart from the miniaturization that you describe, which
leads to the same effects,

global design commons, with more local and distirbuted manufacturing, based
on much lower-entry capital goods ... the global scaling of small group
dynamics, for both design and manufacturing, but in different ways, that
becomes competitive with centralized command and control models ... It is
because of what you rightly point out, that I speak of 'enterpreneurial
coalitions' rather than using another term

see http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Design and
http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Manufacturing for more detailed
presentations of material supporting my and your view,

Michel