[p2p-research] Developing countries falling into 'broadband gap'

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Fri Nov 6 21:15:40 CET 2009

Part of the OLPC project was to create wireless meshes. The hardware for
that was not entirely open though, as it uses commercial chips.
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Mesh_Network_Details

And it still needs some kind of portal to the internet.

Some references to free software in relation to that:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@laptop.org/msg02695.html

--Paul Fernhout
http://www.pdfernhout.net/