[p2p-research] The Higher Educational Bubble Continues to Grow

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:05:18 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Paul D. Fernhout <
pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:

> Nobody (especially an unschooling parent) would have the time it would take
> to visit all these links anytime soon.

Division of labor is an odd concept under P2P economics.  The fundamentalist
P2Pers tend to focus on individual autonomy...self does most or all.  One of
the best justifications for division of labor is profit.  We specialize to
achieve efficiency.  But under P2P, efficiency is less important than the
commons.  So, we go back to something like autonomous frontier
self-sufficiency.

If pleasurists or ludists drive the discussion, I suppose specialization
could arise from fascination.  But it is hard to find anyone who is truly
fascinated and interested in something enough to do it continually.  If
robots did all, then I suppose it doesn't matter.  But in the reality until
that time, how does division of labor unfold or collapse without markets?
And if markets are used, how does P2P stay wholesome?

Ryan