[p2p-research] beyond "road burn-out" : what is (y)our story ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:20:01 CET 2009

Hi Paul. Thanks for these suggestions. Indeed,I was trying to express some
symptoms,and context related to them, at a certain level of abstraction. I
recently read a profile I wrote in 2000,aged 18, after my return from 2
years of living in east and south east Asia,and realise I seem to be right
on the track of what I wanted to do. Next step is the setup,convergence, and
reproduction of small scale distributed solutions. Before finding out about
Michel B. & p2pf, I liked to call them "non structures",ans yes,  I agree
with not excluding participation from hierarchical structures, as long as,
from my humble opinion, it supports the non structure with its resources
without controlling it. (Such as for example IBM supporting Linux
development.) So, yes, Nomad bases,different flavour of hacker spaces,
potentially being one part of supporting such non structure,such movement,
such paradigm, which you all here seem  to be documenting very well,and even
in mplementing. My current challenge now is to stabilize, use my radical
experience to empower others, but find more resources for it, returning to a
stage I already experienced, creating partnerships with various "power
structures" while knowing certain dynamics well enough, as to prevent
support to turn into specific dependency and control,maintaining diversity
of interdependencies.  / The whole journey I took somehow makes sense to me,
although it also lead to certain symptoms such as some interesting burn
outs, leading in some cases to surrendering.I felt like expressing it,
sharing it. / The parallel with circus nomadism could be interesting.
Including the"family"/tribe aspect of it-although I feel that the kind of
nomadism I may have experienced is a more Individualistic one,while at the
same time being focused on empowering a cause (a personal need?)greater then
ones own personal needs. One that feels a personal solution comes also
through contributing to potential systemic solutions.  I feel I can share
this interest and approach with at least a few people on this list.
Recently I question myself on the type of"personality types" that are
perhaps moat enthusiastic about developing p2p prototypes, and how they
create synergies with each other. Secondly,I wonder what type of
personalities may flourish more through increased p2p paradigm. / Hmm,
writing this from my mobile...getting used to it...

On Nov 1, 2009 1:35 PM, "Paul D. Fernhout" <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com>