[p2p-research] excellent contribution on flow money by Martien van Steenbergen

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 22:39:48 CEST 2009

Martien:

No system should be advanced, in my opinion, that in any way alters
fundamental human rights such as those of a persons to have
self-determination, to advance their standard of living, and so forth.  The
items in the International Declaration of Human Rights
http://www.worldinbalance.net/agreements/1948-udhr.html are the basis for
any radical political and social change in that they should not be
sacrificed and should ideally be continually reaffirmed.

I hope you will flesh out your ideas on holarchy so that they can be
considered.  Agilism worries me.  Speed and governance generally don't
combine to good effect in my experience.  Agilism as it is often used in
management theory (technocrats use the term) is criticized for being
elitist...a fault given to all technocracy.

One of the powers of democracy is that it assures an equal voice for humans
in basic expressions of public will.  I would hate to see any system put
forward that limits the voice of individuals or that rewards the loudest,
most active, most involved, most technical, etc.  People have a justifiable
suspicious of "vanguards" of anything.

Fundamentally the issue centers around eudaemonics.  If people (a large
number / majority) are willing to follow a plan because it continues to make
them more happy or because it can be shown in some logical and open way to
create happiness, I am for that plan.  But there are notorious problems with
your ethics and my life implementations.  In the end, people must choose.
Any systemic change where people did not have a voice or the opportunity to
raise a voice in protest/organization/legal rights, etc. cannot be
considered an advancement.

I would think some sort of simulation environment like Second Life or
another virtual or even systems-based environment would be the best means of
beginning to test whether your approach makes people happy.

Ryan

 Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham