[p2p-research] Self-organizing principles

Bas Reus bas.reus at gmail.com
Mon May 25 10:30:17 CEST 2009

Hi Mark, Paul, et al.,

Thank you very much for your responses so far.
@Mark: I read your abstract and some other pieces of your PhD. Very
inspiring.
@Paul: I read the PDF you attached, very inspiring as well.

These pieces of work will definately move me to the right directions.
Reading the material, I note some differences that cannot be both true, at
least in some way. In the PDF Paul sent, you argue that every act of
communication is also an act of coordination, while Mark argues that
stigmergy is a form of self-organizing, without the need for any
communication.

What are your thoughts about this? Of course, this conclusion can be rather
rough and lacks some theoretical fundaments, but this is a differnce I
noticed.

Very happy to discuss further as well, as this moves me to the rights
directions. Digital stigmergy in the form of mass collaboration, with some
rules of engagement set a priori to spark a autopoietic solution might just
be the way to go for me. But I'm very open for more suggestions.

Kind regards,
Bas