[p2p-research] further contribution by David Ronfeldt on p2p as successor system

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 10:45:19 CEST 2009

I do prefer all of us use moderate language.

I've proposed a solution of due process and deliberation ...

There is no such thing as  a logic that is the property of judgment of one
person ... If you wanted to change the parameters of the mailing list, a
minor issue for most of us, the wise thing would have been to engage in a
form of discussion which did not antagonize ...

Sometimes tempers flare up and we can't go back to the previous situation,
and only time can eventually heal such a split

Right now, without willingness for deliberation, we can only put the case to
rest,

Michel

On 5/23/09, marc fawzi <marc.fawzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great. Now personal insults.
>
> I suggest you look up the definition of sociopath and you;ll find out
> you're looking in the mirror
>
> I suggested LOGIC as the basis of any rules not Arbitrariness.
>
> Logic, not Crowd Rule. Not Top Down Rule. Just Logic: i.e. if Google hides
> long messages, let's find out what is the ax length it treats as normal and
> let's use that. Else, it is an arbitrary decision.
>
> If you call sticking to logic over arbitrary decisions sociopathic, I
> suggest you pursue higher education, or even college.
>
> Marc
>

> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Kevin Carson <
> free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/23/09, marc fawzi <marc.fawzi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The community is defined by its actions which are directly those of its
>> > members.
>> >
>> > As of now, it is a community that is supporting top down
>> > dictatorship/censorship.
>> >
>> > So you tell me if the community is legitimate right now?
>> >
>> > Deferring to a vote by the crowd on this issue does not make it right to
>> me
>> > personally because it is based on the Wisdom of Crowds which is null and
>> > void in my view.
>>

>> Before, you objected to what you considered the arbitrary and top-down
>> judgment of Ryan, Michel and me, and questioned our right to speak for
>> anyone else.  Now you're basically saying that even if a majority of
>> the group are of like mind, there is no conceivable way that you will
>> accommodate anyone else by reining in behavior that is obnoxious,
>> antagonistic and inconsiderate.  Apparently YOUR idea of "due process"
>> is you get what you want, and the rest of us do a work around.
>>
>> You may see this as a struggle between a free, creative spirit and the
>> herd, but all I see is a sociopath who feels entitled (as Ryan put it)
>> to defecate on the group and refuse to budge an inch, because he's a
>> Boy Genius.
>>
>> > So you're right, you guys keep YOUR list.
>> >
>> > Governance does not have to be this way.
>> >
>> > Experiment concluded.
>>
>> > Enjoy YOUR community :)
>> >
>> > I love happy endings.
>>

>> Great--works for me, too.  Maybe some of the people you drove off the
>> list will come back now.
>>
>> --
>>  Kevin Carson
>> Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org
>> Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
>> http://mutualist.blogspot.com
>> Studies in Mutualist Political Economy
>> http://www.mutualist.org/id47.html
>> Organization Theory:  A Libertarian Perspective
>> http://mutualist.blogspot.com/2005/12/studies-in-anarchist-theory-of.html
>>

> --
>
> Marc Fawzi
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Marc-Fawzi/605919256