[p2p-research] Thermo-economics -- Daily Kos

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Fri May 22 20:08:04 CEST 2009

This goes to prove that when you put out a meme out there it will create
some resonance, and gets picked up by others and others and others, like
throwing a stone in a pond. The pond already existed (the subject had
already been started in the 60s but was laying flat and no one was talking
about it) and all I did was to throw a tiny pebble in it.

I cam across it by searching for "economy" and "2nd law of thermodynamics"
to help people on Open Manufacturing understand that you can't create energy
from nowhere, you can't have perpetual motion, and that the job of a
currency should be about maximizing the flow of energy.

Memes spread. Even re-memes (memes about memes from the past) apparently
spread.

Marc

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some will probably want to comment or reblog this...
>

> http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/5/20/714422/-Thermoeconomics:-The-Future-of-Life
> -
>

> Ryan Lanham

Marc Fawzi