[p2p-research] [p2p energy economy] Re: excellent contribution on flow money by Martien van Steenbergen

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 23:22:05 CEST 2009

Patrick makes excellent and valid points.  I agree with them all.

Any system that enforces costs that are not pure market costs (economists
call these transaction costs or coase transaction costs) will create
incentives for people to cheat in ways that avoid those costs.  Classic
transaction costs are taxes, but fixed inefficient prices work just as well
(Nixon fixed wages and prices...in a classic economic debacle...)

That's why people sell drugs...it is profitable to do illegal things!  But
see also Freakonomics which talks about why crack cocaine dealers are poorly
paid.

Ryan