[p2p-research] Netiquette (was: Re: leaving this list)

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Thu May 21 03:44:59 CEST 2009

Its not me first. That would be immoral. But it is me that I am
responsible for. I am not responsible for what the herd does.

I have a certain way of managing discussion threads and that way works
for me. The herd can choose to filter me out and so can anyone within
the herd. Why should the herd want me to accomodate it and forget
about my need? When the herd can accomodate itself by filtering me out
with just a few clicks? Why should I undermine my way of doing things
to accomodatr the herd's will when the herd can accomodatr itself by
itself snd allow both itself and myself to have our needs met.

I don't assume that the herd cares about the opinion of the
individual. It cares about the common opinion or what the vocal or
powerful minority present as the common opinion.

Why should anyone be ashamed of standing up for themselves against the
herd mentality?

Why should I ask not what I can do for myself but what I can do for
the herd? Asking the latter is how wars are justified. The German
youth asked what they can do for the herd not what they can do for
themselves. Hitler won.

So it is not about me first. It is about meeting my needs as long as
they do not hurt anyone who does not want to be hurt. If someone does
not want to filter me out but instead wants me to abandon my way and
join the herd's way, it would be idiotic to accomodatr them and ignore
my need when they could accomodatr themselves by just filtering me
out, without me having to ignore my need to satisfy the herd.

Marc

--

Marc Fawzi
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Marc-Fawzi/605919256