[p2p-research] Netiquette (was: Re: leaving this list)

Wittel, Andreas andreas.wittel at ntu.ac.uk
Thu May 21 01:26:51 CEST 2009

Marc,

how does your unchained and unashamed version of individualism which you so strongly associate with p2p become reconciled with the p2p ethos (Article 1. P2P Interactions, section D)

D. Peer interactions are judged (by others who aspire to a p2p ethos) as qualitatively superior if linked to contributing to a commons <http://p2pfoundation.net/Commons> .

In order to get my point, you would obviously have to replace the commons with what you call the herd.

Andreas

PS Like you I have a fair amaount of scepticism that the majority always gets it right. But your celebration of me me me first is not a model that is sustainable.