[p2p-research] Self-organizing principles

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:17:47 CEST 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopoiesis  is a starting point.  There are
huge literatures in self-organizing systems in computer science and AI.
There are discussions of self-organization in physics and in communications
theory.

I think one of the most accessible and best recent studies is called
Wikinomics.

You might want to look into the literature on social network analysis and
join the mailing lists at INSNA which have covered these topics from
sociological and mathematical perspectives for several years.

In biology, you my find your topic goes toward swarm science.  Swarms are
also heavily discussed in crowdsourcing literatures.  All of these
approaches overlap collaboration and self-organization.  There are even
literatures in constitutional and legal theory.

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham