[p2p-research] Fwd: What Should Be In a Technology Bill of Rights?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:20:03 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arthit Suriyawongkul <arthit at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2009 at 9:36 AM
Subject: What Should Be In a Technology Bill of Rights?
To: Thai Netizen <thainetizen at googlegroups.com>, woict <
WOICT at googlegroups.com>, YouFest group <youfest at googlegroups.com>

¤Ó»ÃСÒÈÊÔ·¸Ôà·¤â¹âÅÂÕ?
Should Thai Netizen include this in its coming seminar series ?

Technology Bill of Rights
It's time to update an old idea: The Technology Bill of Rights -- new
rights for a new era

A few hundred years ago, the world was a vastly different place by
just about any measure. In fact, it was 220 years ago this year that
the Bill of Rights was first introduced in order to explicitly lay out
the rights of the people in the brand-new democracy of the United
States of America. We're all well versed in the Bill of Rights (or at
least we should be), and it forms much of the basis of modern law. The
impetus for the creation of the Bill of Rights was the tyranny of the
rulers in Britain and its effect on the colonies. As with much of
human history, it takes a significant problem to cause the creation of
a significant change to society. We may be nearing that point right
now, and the time may soon be right for another Bill of Rights -- one
centered around technology.

[continue...]
http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-management/technology-bill-rights-867

----

Ask Slashdot: What Should Be In a Technology Bill of Rights?

"The Deep End's Paul Venezia argues in favor of the creation of a
Technology Bill of Rights to protect individuals against malfeasance,
tyranny, and exploitation in an increasingly technological age.
Venezia's initial six proposed articles center on anonymity rights,
net neutrality, the open-sourcing of law enforcement software and
hardware, and the like. What sort of efficacy do you see such a
document having, and in an ideal world, which articles do you see as
imperative for inclusion in a Technology Bill of Rights?"

[continue...]
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/18/2112243

"Web, Online Information, Collaboration and Knowledge Thailand" group.
WOICT+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com <WOICT%2Bunsubscribe at googlegroups.com>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/WOICT?hl=en

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation: