[p2p-research] labour, capital and p2p

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon May 18 13:11:02 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 18:53:08 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>

> you may be right that there are many people who want to abolish the
> personhood of corporations, but I have yet to meet the first one

I too have yet to meet in person anybody who explicitly speaks against
"corporate personhood", that is somebody who has already met that term
and uses it. What I mean is that I am just convinced that:

if I had the time to speak with lots of the people around me who
complain about big bad evil multinationals, "how the f**k can the
government be so powerless against those guys, how can they de-facto
fire people without any reason but speculation and get away with it,
etc"...

and I simply told them "this is because corporations are allowed to
have the same rights in court as mortal, physically limited people
even if they become immortal, ubiquitous and never were human beings
in the first place", I'd get a lot of "gee, I understood everything
you say and I feel you're damn right" feedback. With respect to this:

> ... on the other hand, I meet scores of people who want to be
> enterpreneurs and create a company, regardless of its bylaws ...

I may very well be wrong in my understanding of the details of POCLAD
proposals, I mentioned it here just hoping to find somebody who had
already found the time to read and absorb all the fine print. This
said, what I got from my quick readings is that POCLAD-like reforms
would create almost no problems to people who want to **become**
entrepreneurs.

POCLAD says things like that corporations should always have an
expiration date and never be allowed to change the activity for which
they were formed or to buy other corporations (while the single
individuals "owning" them can surely own more than a corporation at a
time), that if a corporation is caught doing bad it cannot hide behind
laws only created to guarantee a fair trial to human beings etc..

If the company a wannabe entrepreneur wants to found isn't a patent
troll or a pretext for the next international, financial Ponzi-like
scam, would this create any problem to that entrepreneur? Or would it
give him/her more possibilities to succeed?

Of course, it is absolutely right to keep trying better formats with
other tools. Thanks for the pointers to Rushkoff, I'll read what he's
doing.

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84