[p2p-research] very important discussion about 'now web" or 'the stream', with interesting structural comparison of facebook vs. twitter dynamics

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Sun May 17 07:11:15 CEST 2009

Why do people always think in terms of Future A, OR, Future B, and not
Future A && B && C && D etc ?

I don't understand why the stream metaphor is not just another way.
Why does it have to be the replacement?

I think maybe in terms of metaphors competing with each other for
dominance and our partaking the author is probably right that the
stream metaphor will gain more momentum in the next 10 years and may
(only a potentiality) become more dominant and prominent than the page
metaphor, but both will exist for thousands of years. The page
metaphor has already existed for thousands of years and will continue
to exist for thousands of years.

The stream metaphor is not new. Email is a stream. It predates RSS.
The US Postal Service delivers a stream of letters. Streaming
information has also existed for thousands of years.

Nothing new, IMO, except what is more prominent/dominant at one time
or another.

Or maybe I'm just not 'feeling' it! :)

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> here at http://www.borthwick.com/weblog/2009/04/19/699/
> I consider this a must read for getting up to date on how the web is
> evolving, see also my excerpts by nova spivack on the blog recently,
> Michel
>
> --
> Working at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University -
> http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html -
> http://www.asianforesightinstitute.org/index.php/eng/The-AFI
>
> Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
> http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net -
> http://p2pfoundation.ning.com
>
> Monitor updates at http://del.icio.us/mbauwens
>
> The work of the P2P Foundation is supported by SHIFTN,
> http://www.shiftn.com/http://www.borthwick.com/weblog/2009/04/19/699/

Marc Fawzi
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Marc-Fawzi/605919256
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcfawzi