[p2p-research] labour, capital and p2p

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri May 15 13:23:40 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 16:14:02 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> Thanks for your contribution.
>
> I understand your comment, but my 'feeling' is just the opposite.

No problem! As I said, I'm all but an expert on monetary reform issues
or corporate law, so I don't really have any strong opinion or
position to defend, no problem. When these specific issues are
concerned, I'm still a student collecting material for homework.

With respect to this:

> Hundreds of cities and regions and tens of thousands of people are
> working on monetary issues .. it's a vibrant and growing movement ..
> In contrast, POCLAD is just minuscule

There is no doubt that the "monetary alternatives" movement, for lack
of a better term, is much more vibrant, growing and known among
activists than things like POCLAD. I myself discovered POCLAD by pure,
pure chance online some years ago. I also have no problem, at least
now, to accept your evaluation that POCLAD has much, much smaller
possibilities of success than monetary reform. What I didn't expect,
and find really interesting, is this assertion:

> and it requires really what the immense majority of people will find
> an unacceptable reform.

Regardless, again, of the probability of success and of any inherent
flaws in the idea, I am pretty sure that, around here, I would find:

1) much, much less difficulties to explain POCLAD proposals than any
   money reform scheme passed on this list since when I subscribed

2) (partly due to 1) ) many more supporters of such a corporate reform
   than of any of those scheme.

That is, my **feeling** is that if both sets of proposals were given
equal coverage in mainstream media (we can dream, can we not?), the
majority of non-activists, the "Joe Sixpack" class, in American slang,
would go for POCLAD (especially in these times...) rather than money
reform which would be, in that context, a much more alien concept than
"corporations are bad".

So I wonder how much of this feeling depends on where one lives. What
do list subscribers from other parts of the world think? Which of
those two classes of concepts is easier to sell (regardless of its
intrinsic value) to Joe Sixpack? Just curious, really, answer off list
if you think it's off topic.

marco

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84