[p2p-research] Fwd: [ox-en] No more money trickery propaganda please (was: Re: Explanation of interest)

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue May 12 23:17:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand a little better the crazyness behind the reactions, it seems to
> be a peculiar German over-reaction to their past.
>
> Here's the context, I won't quote the name of the author so as not to
> involve him in this controversy.
>
> The gist of it seems to be that anyone who is not an adherent to a black bag
> theory of capitalism (it's a undivided whole you can only abolish as a
> whole) is in fact unwittingly racial.
>
> It boggles the mind and what these people fail to see is that their view of
> capitalism is itself a projection (though I'm not claiming it is in any way
> a racial projection).
>
> But you have to ask the question, what is the purpose of the incessant
> taunts if not to demean and dehumanize intellectual dissidents.

That's a shame.

I believe the "black bag theory of capitalism" was something that
Christian Siefkes also assumed.  But in his exchanges with me and
other proponents of non-capitalist markets, he at least made an
attempt at a rational defense of the theory (even if I found it
unconvincing), and did so in a civil manner.  I also recall an ongoing
debate between you and Dmytri Kleiner on the signficance of peer
production within the larger economy, which has on the whole been
civil despite rather intense disagreement.  Resorting to taunts about
"money trickery" is unnecessary and just plain childish.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism