[p2p-research] Fwd: [ox-en] No more money trickery propaganda please (was: Re: Explanation of interest)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:14:13 CEST 2009

Hi Kevin,

I understand a little better the crazyness behind the reactions, it seems to
be a peculiar German over-reaction to their past.

Here's the context, I won't quote the name of the author so as not to
involve him in this controversy.

The gist of it seems to be that anyone who is not an adherent to a black bag
theory of capitalism (it's a undivided whole you can only abolish as a
whole) is in fact unwittingly racial.

It boggles the mind and what these people fail to see is that their view of
capitalism is itself a projection (though I'm not claiming it is in any way
a racial projection).

But you have to ask the question, what is the purpose of the incessant
taunts if not to demean and dehumanize intellectual dissidents.

You also have to know that Stefan attempted to export his diktat to the book
project, hence my difficulty in continuing the cooperation.

I actually don't want to blow all bridges, but I think I do I'm right  to
expect a stopping of the taunts and an abandonment of any efforts to stifle
free debate,

Michel

>See here:
>
>That’s a myth, albeit an old and widespread one. In capitalism,
>“productive economy” and “money systems” belong closely together and
>cannot exist without another. That the first is “real”, earth-bound and
>good, the second “fictional”, virtual and dangerous, is a classical
>mechanism of purification and projection: The negative aspects of
>capitalism (i.e. crashes) are projected into the bad “money sphere” (and
>associated with it were traditionally the Jews, which were is this way
>made culpable for the bad sides of capitalism).

quote:

Yes:

1. crisizing the money system -> disregarding the interrelation between
money system and productive system

2. turning this critique int reality -> attacking financial capital
without critisizing industrial capital and state

3. attacking financial capital -> attacking the jews

And guess what: that mad logic has destroyed the German left. A whole
faction of it went bezerk, the so-called "Anti-Germans", and they end up
in deing pro-war and anti-arabic (which is maybe the modern form of
antisemitism)"

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Kevin Carson <
free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/10/09, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please note that after this email I will no longer cooperate with Stefan,
> > and that includes work on the book project,
>
> I can't say I blame you.  It's a shame that someone who has
> contributed so much work of value can't disagree in a civil manner,
> without such doctrinaire assertions (not to mention the sort of
> childish taunts you'd expect in a schoolyard).
> --
> Kevin Carson
> Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org
> Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
> http://mutualist.blogspot.com
> Studies in Mutualist Political Economy
> http://www.mutualist.org/id47.html
> Organization Theory:  A Libertarian Perspective
> http://mutualist.blogspot.com/2005/12/studies-in-anarchist-theory-of.html

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com