[p2p-research] "Many of us will not send mail to gmail.com"

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun May 10 10:58:21 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 10:40:40 AM +0200, Dante-Gabryell Monson wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> very good point, and interesting answers from Ryan, Michel , Marc, ...
>
> I ll add my say, although I may be repeating what has been said already :
>
> Marco, I would agree with your observation.
> I feel that ideally we would use non-proprietary softwares, etc

my question isn't about software licenses or software coding models

> I like the "car heading to" metaphor.

see my recent answer to Michel about the car metaphor

> If you know such existing reliable "package", and if I can easily
> download all my emails from my gmail account to such solution, I
> will do it today.

you mean you never asked yourself before if and how you could take
your OWN messages, contacts list etc... away from your current
email/storage provider to a better one when it appears???

Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84