[p2p-research] Visualizing p2p architecture trends and players

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:10:13 CEST 2009

Michel:

P2P exists architecturally, between sustainability, the commons,
collaborative democracy, learner-centered studies and open systems.

If it is most synonymous with any of these, it is the commons in that P2P
emphasizes sharing, trust and responsibility.  It differs from the commons
in that P2P is highly enabled by technology and does not necessarily imply a
social contract across all possible participants.

There are no P2P hierarchies except to enable further P2P advancement. It is
not, however, anarchic in that ordered collaboration is often esteemed and
promoted.

It is perhaps closest to a ethos or a political economic framework.
However, it is not hegemonic, exclusive or self-assessing as a universal
ideal.

...Not visual, but perhaps something helps...

Ryan