[p2p-research] P2P Email

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat May 9 13:51:37 CEST 2009

You didn't mention IDs at all. You wrote:

(http://listcultures.org/pipermail/p2presearch_listcultures.org/2009-May/002603.html)

> When IPv6 is finally here all PCs and devices connected to the net
> will be able to reach each other DIRECTLY, in point to point
> fashion... So when IPv6 is finally here... we will be able to run
> universal p2p email clients (or p2p clients with email capability)

which can make one think that IPv6 is all is missing to make current
email P2P. Had you made clear from the start that what you have in
mind is something that only keeps the _name_ of email, but is
completely different and redesigned in everything but name and (maybe)
user interface, this whole thread would have gone differently.

I'm not going to comment your complete proposal, not now at
least. This is simply because, being much more different from the
current situation than its name suggests, it takes time to form an
opinion. But why not publish it somewhere online to gather more
feedback?

Marco Fioretti
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84