[p2p-research] Implications of Alpha

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 20:20:11 CEST 2009

I've been thinking about Wolfram's Alpha.  The question I'd like to ask him
is, what will it change.

I saw JOHO's (David Weinberger's) interview.  It was fascinating.

Here's my 2 cents:  The research paper and the informing blog post may be
dead.  Yes, stringing ideas together to make a point is still useful, but
now anyone can answer a question properly structured.  So, ideas may become
more changes of queries.

Another separate point, Michel recently sent around an academic Call for
Papers for a P2P conference.  Isn't that a bit odd, inherently?  A COP on
P2P?

Ryan Lanham