[p2p-research] P2P Email

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:18:28 CEST 2009

Gmail was down again today...

When IPv6 is finally here all PCs and devices connected to the net
will be able to reach each other DIRECTLY, in point to point fashion.
Now it's impossible without jumping thru hoops, with a less than
perfect success rate.

So when IPv6 is finally here, and it's been ages (I wonder if it's
held up because of its potential to disrupt centralized structures of
power on the Internet), we will be able to run universal p2p email
clients (or p2p clients with email capability) and with some
redundancy in the message transport path (i.e. closest redundant nodes
store and relay message when client is up) and some central but
redundant coordination mechanism we can have resilient p2p email that
does not crash unless the entire Internet goes down.

--

Marc Fawzi
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Marc-Fawzi/605919256