[p2p-research] needed: definition of pervasive gaming

dan mcquillan dan at internetartizans.co.uk
Thu May 7 14:23:39 CEST 2009

hi marc

i wonder if the distinction is so strong.

you're probably referring to jane mcgonigal, & i think the trajectory
of her work/writing overlaps with issues considered on this list.

mcgonigal's World Without Oil was an interesting exercise in
participative futurism
(http://www.boingboing.net/2007/05/03/play-jane-mcgonigals.html).

in other presentations i've seen she's proposed the ARG gaming model
as a paradigm for participative scientific research and the subject of
her papers is wide-ranging (i wish i had time to read some of them!):
http://www.avantgame.com/writings.htm

best

dan

p.s.  charlie leadbeater quoted I Love Bees
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Bees) as a provocative example in
his paper on 'Social software for social change'
(http://www.charlesleadbeater.net/cms/xstandard/social_software.pdf),
a subject close to my heart :)

>>> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
>>> http://localfoodsystems.org