[p2p-research] life as a game

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Thu May 7 11:25:26 CEST 2009

As a games designer, I can put a few comments in here!  First is that
games are approximate simulations of reality with a crucial difference;
the rules of a game are set, in reality they are fuzzy.  If we designed
a game where the rules changed, the player could never learn strategies
that allowed them to progress and as such they would loose interest.  In
life, rules changes, logic is fuzzy so the models of strategy we build
to deal with the world need to be fluid too.

There is a funny article mixing reality and games, 'A Letter from a
Dungeon' worth reading!
http://www.designersnotebook.com/Columns/027_Letter_From_a_Dungeon/027_letter_from_a_dungeon.htm

I had toyed with writing a series of articles about a fictional games
designer trying to design a game about life and failing...

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
tel: 0117 9442233
-
Also see: